Sunday, July 29, 2012

Priesthood Power

A couple nights ago, our baby, Katie, kept having nightmares.  I put her down at about 8:00 PM, and by about 10:30 PM she'd already woken up screaming about six times.  She was having horrible nightmares.  The last time she woke up crying, I sat in the rocking chair to cuddle her, hoping to calm her down.  The thought came to me that if Scott gave her a blessing, she'd stop having nightmares.

I carried her upstairs.  Scott was in bed (as I had also been when she cried once again) and so the bedroom was dark when I carried Katie into our room.  When Daddy came towards her in the dark, she started screaming bloody murder.  She didn't recognize him in the dark, and she was seeing something from her nightmares, not her father.

Even after I turned the light on, she wouldn't stop crying and screaming.  Scott laid his hands on her head to give her the blessing.  The feel of his hands on her head when she couldn't see his face scared her even more. 

As soon as he called upon the power of the priesthood, she stopped crying.  She didn't cry again because of nightmares that night.  It was such an amazing experience.  My only regret is that she is too little to remember it.

No comments:

Post a Comment