I thought of a song today that I haven't thought about in years. Two, actually. The first is a song called "Hold On, The Light Will Come" and the second is just called "Hold On." I don't know composers for either. The second is from "The Secret Garden." The first song is about holding on because you will feel the spirit of God and God will help you get through difficult times. The second is about holding on because things aren't as bad as they seem and you can get through it with your own strength and your friends.
When I was in high school, I went through a period of depression. Not serious depression, but enough that I felt sad ALL the time. I don't remember how long this period of depression lasted, but it was about six months, I'd guess. During that entire time, I had two songs stuck in my head. (The two I talked about above.) I remember being so annoyed that I had the same two songs stuck in my head for that long.
When the depression passed, I looked back and was amazed. How kind of Heavenly Father to put THOSE songs in my head during that time of sadness. I was depressed and He sent me a frequent message that if I just held on, it would pass.
And to think I thought it was annoying while it was happening. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment