I just wanted to do a blurb on my favorite book, Dragonspell, by Donita K. Paul. Dragonspell is the first of a series about a world. The main character is a girl named Kale. She's young and grew up a slave. As she goes through her various errands in the book, she learns about her worth, her talents, and develops a relationship with Paladin. Paladin is the equivalent of Jesus Christ.
I think the most touching part of the book was one time when Kale is talking to Paladin. He is telling her that she will be a great help to him. She says, "But I'm just Kale!" He then informs her that she isn't JUST Kale. She's Kale! His friend, his servant, and someone with great worth.
This is a book I think EVERYONE should read. It teaches us the type of relationship we can all have with our Savior. Ours may not be face to face like Kale's is, but it doesn't mean ours can't be just as personal.
No comments:
Post a Comment