Thursday, June 21, 2012

Jesus Loves Me

I was thinking about a funny story my aunt Ilene told us a few years ago.  She teaches high school and junior high in Idaho.  She teaches computers and business, and so has a wide variety of ages and abilities.

She had one student who did something that was against the rules.  Ilene told us that she was about to reprimand the student when he piped up with, "Jesus loves me."  Then instead of being mad, she laughed. I can't remember if he ended up getting punished or not.

What a good reminder for her, though.  No matter how upset she may have been with him- and no matter how much he may have needed the punishment that was coming- Jesus does love him. 


I would love to live in a world where we all think that about everyone around us- including ourselves.  I bet road rage would disappear if our first thought was, "Jesus loves that driver" instead of whatever the anger pushes us to think.  I bet wars would dissolve.  I bet conflicts in government would disappear. 

Think of what our HOMES would be like.  Instead of thinking how upset we are that our child just used his little sister to make a hole in the wall, remembering that Jesus loves him.  We would discipline our children with pure love rather than reacting in anger.  Our spouses wouldn't be the objects of anger anymore- at least not severe anger.  I bet we'd call our parents more often as well.

Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment