I started thinking that I should try blogging, as everyone seems to love it. I didn't know if my life was interesting enough to make it worth it, but we'll give it a shot anyway.
I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (often known as Mormon). A lot of people do not understand our beliefs. There is a lot of media out there about the church that tries to explain our beliefs, but much of it is false. Let me try to explain the basics of our religion. We believe in Jesus Christ. He is the Savior of all mankind. He came here to the earth to show us how to live. Then he suffered for our sins in the Garden of Gethsemane and died on the cross. Three days later he rose again. This is the foundation for our church. Let it be known that we are Christian. We also believe in the Book of Mormon. This book is similar to the bible. It is the teachings of the Savior to the people on the American continent, just as the bible is His teachings to the people in the Old World. We believe in the Book of Mormon because it verifies the teachings in the bible. It gives us a second witness to the spiritual guidance and the guidelines taught in the bible. Joseph Smith was the first prophet in modern times. Contrary to popular belief, we do not worship Joseph Smith. :) We honor him just as we honor our current prophet, Thomas S. Monson.
I know this religion to be correct. If anyone has any questions about our faith, I challenge him/her to read the Book of Mormon.
I hope to be able to share my thoughts about life in a way that will help people understand me as well as my faith.
Amen! Well said! :)
ReplyDelete