Saturday, March 31, 2012

Just Like You Asked!!!

Yesterday I put some noodles in water to boil and then realized I needed to run an errand really fast.  I asked my husband to stir the noodles a couple times while I was gone.  He said he would.  A few minutes later I left.  He was waiting for me to yell down the stairs that I was leaving.  We aren't sure if I forgot to yell down or if he just didn't hear me.  In any case, when I came home, he was laughing.  The noodles hadn't gotten stirred because he hadn't realized I'd left yet and so hadn't stirred them.  He was just putting a new pot of noodles on when I got home.  He laughed and told me what happened.

Then my three year old came in.  She was so excited to tell me.  "Daddy didn't stir the noodles, just like you asked!"  Keep in mind her tone. She wasn't trying to tattle, though that's what it ended up being.  She was so excited to tell me.  Her tone was more of a "YEA DADDY!" than anything.  She thought it was so neat.

What a good lesson in attitude. Why can't we all be like little kids and be excited about small things.  It's too bad that as adults it tends to take big things to get us excited about life.  The world would have far fewer struggles with depression and anger if we all got excited about the little things as well as the big things.

No comments:

Post a Comment