Monday, December 9, 2013

Kisses of Love

I had two neat experiences with my girls yesterday.  The first was during Sacrament Meeting.  Anna was sitting next to me.  One of her favorite things to do is to pull my arm or hand to her, kiss it, give me a hug, and then tell me what she just did.  This time was a little different, though.  She pulled my hand over and kissed it. Then she told me that she gave me kisses of love.  She told me she also gave them to Daddy.  As the day progressed, she added to this statement.  She gave us kisses of love that put real hearts into our bodies that disappeared and gave us blood so we could live. 

When she first told me she was giving me kisses of love, I was touched at the sentiment. Children are so full of love, and it is a lesson to us all.  We could all learn from their easy way of giving unconditional love.  As I thought about her added information, though, I realized how true it was.  She told us that the kisses turned into hearts that turned into blood so we could live.  While the mechanics of this statement are obviously not accurate, the sentiment is. 

We all live on love.  Without love, we have a hard time surviving.  Jesus taught us to live on love.  He taught us to give it away freely and show it through service.  He taught us that we should love everyone, even our enemies.  Jesus was a perfect example of this.  This is a great thing for us to remember during this Christmas season.


The second neat experience I had yesterday was with Katie.  Daddy had been reading the girls a story and cuddling them.  When he needed to put them down and send them into a different room so he could do some things alone, Katie was broken-hearted. She loves Daddy so much and did NOT want him to leave.  I picked her up, and she was just sobbing the biggest and most heart-felt sobs a two-year-old can muster. 

I sat down in the chair with her. I had the First Presidency Christmas Devotional on the tv, and they had a picture of Jesus on the screen. I said, "Katie, LOOK! It's Jesus!"  She immediately stopped crying and started yelling excitedly, "JESUS!  JESUS!"  Over the next few minutes, they had several different pictures of Jesus on the screen and she would yell his name each time.

This struck me with the immediate change of her demeanor when she saw Jesus.  She went from a broken heart to pure elation in a split second.  We could all learn from little children.  We should all get that excited to see or hear from/about our Savior.

Just some thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment