At the beginning of the month, I was in charge of the Relief Society Christmas Party. We did a Christmas program- a cantata. It was a lot of work to put together. I wrote the cantata (not the music- we put existing songs together and I wrote the narration) and we had a committee that put together everything else.
Everything that could possibly go wrong with the program, did. We had some difficulties with the flyers, so not everyone who SHOULD have been invited got one. Some people who were supposed to sing had to cancel last minute. That meant I had to adjust the script just two days before the party, and then again the day of.
We set up for the party. The committee made the room look beautiful and the treats were amazing. Then my narrator let us know she couldn't come.... So I was the narrator at the last minute.
As my friend Catherine and I moved the piano to a more aesthetically pleasing location, the wheel came off. As the piano sunk to one corner, we both stopped, shocked. Then the laughter followed. Everything had gone wrong- we EVEN BROKE THE PIANO! Fortunately, there was a gentleman present with the ability to put the wheel back on and help us move the piano where it needed to be- all in one piece and usable for the night.
The program went off beautifully. Those who found out all the issues we had getting it going were shocked- no one had any idea it wasn't how we'd planned from the beginning.
I knew all along that the program would be fine in the end. But that didn't minimize for one second the stress we all had about getting it there.
I just thought we could all use a reminder that even though we get caught up in the moment, the Lord knows where we will all end up. He will help us get there. In the end, we will look back and realize that it all went off beautifully, even though there was stress and heartache along the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment