Yesterday we had a cool experience. I took the girls for a quick walk to return something to a friend. After dropping the item off, I noticed the baby had dropped her brand new sippy cup. It is her favorite thing lately, and I new it would be a sad day for all of us if we couldn't find it on the short walk home. We looked around my friend's driveway to make sure it hadn't fallen there. It hadn't.
As we walked across the street, I told Anna to pray to Heavenly Father that we could find Katie's cup. We looked carefully on the way home, and as we walked and looked, I was able to have a nice teaching moment with Anna about prayer. I explained that when we need something- like we did then- we can pray for help. Then I explained to Anna that if Heavenly Father wants us to have what we are praying for, He will help us to get the answer to our prayer. But if He doesn't want us to get it, we won't even though we wanted it. Then I explained that if Heavenly Father wanted us to find Katie's cup, he'd help us find it. If He didn't want us to find Katie's cup right away, we wouldn't.
I asked Anna if she understood that just because we don't always get what we pray for that it doesn't mean that Heavenly Father doesn't love us or doesn't hear us. She said she did.
We then found the cup. Katie was nice enough to drop it inside our garage. It hadn't even gone on the walk with us. I was so grateful to find it so Anna could get that little testimony boost that our prayers can be answered. It was a wonderful thing to share with her. And finding the cup made Katie happy. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment